Identity Cloud creates a log of events. This gives you the possibility to view and analyze your data for potential issues, without the need to contact the customer support team. You can also use the logs to provide data for support, or for audit purposes. You can access the logs on the Management Console under the Logs sidebar item.
Events are registered and processed asynchronously. Because of this, a delay of several minutes can happen between the interaction and its appearance in the log.
The following types of actors can initiate log events:
- User: The interactions of your users with Identity Cloud. For example, authentications done by your users.
- Admin: The changes made by your administrator in the Identity Cloud Management console.
- API: The operations performed using the Identity Cloud API.
Log events are retained for 90 days. You can export log events if you want to keep log events beyond the retention period.
Log events is an incubating feature. Currently, not all interactions are covered by log events. See the list of log event types for additional information.
Search and Filter
You can search and filter the list of log entries by:
- Status: You can filter to show all, failed or successful events.
- Date: You can filter to show events in time frames or date frames.
- Data type and free text search: Free text search can be restricted to specified data types. You can specify all data, user ID, email, or description.
If no data type is specifically defined, then the default data type is **All data".
Use the search refresh icon to search and the remove icon to clear your search.
Log entry details
To see the details of a log entry, click it in the list view.
The body of the log is shown as a JSON object.
The sidebar displays meta information about the event, such as the date, the device used, and which actor initiated the log.
Copy log entry details
copy icon to grab the contents of the entry.
Export log entries
You can export all or the filtered log entries from the list view.
Exporting filtered entries can help with troubleshooting issues by inspecting related events, while exporting all the logs may support archival record keeping.
Select the export menu item from the more options menu ︙ in the top right corner.
The exported records are in