Migrating to OpenJDK 1.8.0
Proceed as follows to switch between the different JVMs:
- Install or update the package:
RHEL:yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless
SLES: SUSE no longer provides Oracle/Sun Java in the distribution or through the update channels.
- Use YaST > Software > Software Management and remove all previous versions of Java, for example, java-1_6_0-sun, icedtea-web. Do not remove the openJDK version of Java if you have it installed. This is required for Java functionality in LibreOffice.
- Download and install the original JDK from the download site java.com for Linux x64 RPM.
- Optional: Execute the update-alternatives --config java command and select "OpenJDK 1.8.0".
- Make sure that the JAVA_HOME system variable points to "OpenJDK 1.8.0". Therefore, adapt the conf/env.conf file of nevisIDM by setting the JAVA_HOME variable to the correct OpenJDK. For example:
Point to a path without a full version number to simplify upgrades of the installed OpenJDK package. 4. Restart nevisIDM.