FIDO2 support matrix
For FIDO2, you need a capable authenticator device that the browser can access. The authenticator can be one of the following:
- A platform authenticator, such as a mobile device with fingerprint scanning capability, Windows 10 device with Windows Hello, or a MacBook with Touch ID.
- A roaming authenticator, that is, a hardware key, for example, YubiKey NFC.
- A virtual authenticator, for example, Google Chrome's WebAuthn tools. For more information, see the Chrome DevTools documentation, or the official documentation for your tool of choice.
See the supported FIDO2 authentication setups in the following chapters. We recommend to run various tests in your device landscape to make sure that your systems are compatible with the devices of your users.
|Browser||Link to system requirements and setup|
|Google Chrome 67+||Chrome browser system requirements|
|Mozilla Firefox 60+||Firefox System Requirements|
|Microsoft Edge 18+||Microsoft Edge supported Operating Systems|
|Apple Safari 13+||Update to the latest version of Safari|
|Opera 54+||Opera system requirements|
|Vivaldi 5.0+||Download Vivaldi|
|Browser||Mobile OS||Link to system requirements and setup|
|Google Chrome 105+||Android, iOS||Download & install Google Chrome|
|Safari 14.5+||iOS||Update to the latest version of Safari|
For more information, Web Authentication API.
|Platform authenticator||Link to system requirements and setup|
|Windows Hello||Learn about Windows Hello and set it up|
|iOS FaceID||Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro|
|iOS TouchID||Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad|
|Android pattern, fingerprint||Set screen lock on an Android device|
|Roaming authenticator||Link to system requirements and setup|
|YubiKey Bio||YubiKey Bio Series – FIDO Edition|
|YubiKey NFC||Security Key Series|
|Token2 T2F2 NFC||Token2 T2F2-NFC FIDO2, U2F and TOTP Security Key|
|Token2 T2F2-Bio||Token2 T2F2-Bio FIDO2.1.pre, U2F and TOTP Security Key with Fingerprint protection|
Passkeys and native mobile APIs
Passkeys and autofill UI are only supported on a limited number of browsers. For up-to-date support information, see passkeys.dev.
You can integrate FIDO2 authentication into Apple iOS native applications from iOS API version 15 onward and Android native applications from Android version 7 onward, using Google Play Services FIDO2 API.
Consider the following in case of Android OS:
- Transaction confirmations are not permitted, in line with the FIDO2 standard
- De-registration is not supported