2023-Q2: RR Upgrade (May 2023)
|Minor Version||General Availability||End of Full Support||End of Fade-Out Support|
|2.202302.1042||May 17, 2023||Aug 15, 2023||Nov 14, 2023|
Breaking changes and required actions
The following components have breaking changes compared to the previous release, or require specific actions. For more information, see the Release Notes of each listed component.
- nevisAuth: configuration of the JSON event logging changed, deprecated MySQL support of the remote session store removed. For more see the release notes.
- nevisProxy: Due to the upgrade from OpenSSL 1.1.1 to OpenSSL 3.0 some old backends or frontend may not work anymore if they don't support at least TLSv1.2.
- nevisProxy: Gemalto doesn't yet provide an OpenSSL 3.0 based GemEngine. Because of that, the Gemalto HSM will not work any more until Gemalto provides a working GemEngine.
- nevisProxy: Http(s)ConnectorServlet may return different Location headers when its AutoRewrite parameter contains 'redirect' because the redirections are now jailed under servlet path when mappingType is set to pathInfo and relative URL-s are rewritten to absolute URL-s.
- nevisProxy: The legacy session management is removed and any of its configuration is ignored from now on.
Every RR (minor and major) may contain breaking changes. See the release notes of the component you are upgrading. You should always stay up to date on the RR branch. If there are multiple releases between your current version and the version you are upgrading to, consult the release notes of each version.
The following versions are part of this release. All of them are under Full Support until the next RR upgrade becomes available.
|Component||Artifact name||Version**||RHEL 6*||RHEL 7*||RHEL 8*||SLES 11*||SLES 12*||SLES 15*|
*) Tested with the latest available patch level.
**) Versions in bold changed compared to the previous quarterly release.
The following third-party software is often used by Nevis components. Some of the software is included with nevisAppliance.
Below you find the latest supported versions.
|JVM (OpenJDK)||✅ 1.8.0u372-b07 ❌ 1.8.0u292+|
Mobile apps and the Mobile SDK are released independently of the quarterly releases. Refer to the following pages:
- Nevis Mobile Authentication Client SDK
- Nevis Access App